It’s been almost a month already since I launched this new responsive design and unfortunately I didn’t had much time to properly introduce it to you. This improved design is something I wanted to do for a long time and I’m glad I finally managed it. It’s simpler, minimal, responsive and I like to think that now the content is much easier to read (scan).
Below you can find some characteristics of the new responsive design:
- This new HTML5 theme is based on Twenty Eleven from WordPress.
- The search bar is now more visible and accessible, across all devices. Currently I use the default WordPress search but in the future I’m planning to use Google custom search for more accurate results.
- In the upper right corner you can now find some social stuff. It’s kinda easier now for you to follow me on Twitter, like my Facebook page or +1 on Google+. For these, I’d recommend you Optimised async loading of cross-domain scripts.
- I finally added a “phat” footer here which contains info about the articles and tutorials you may find here. Also, there’s a short list with places where you can find me on the web.
- For the headings font, I’m using “PT Sans Narrow” from Google Web Fonts.
- Last but not least, if you’re using WordPress too, you should check W3 Total Cache. It does miracles.
Some of my goals
Still, my main goal is to be able to write more and better articles on RedTeamDesign.
P.S. If you have spotted any bug or inconsistency, please let me know! :)